James Gentle
(Abt 1757-1829)
Sarah Matthews
(1760-1785)
Samuel Gentle
(1779-)
Sarah Setchell
(1785-)
William Gentle
(1826-1890)

 

Family Links

Spouses/Children:
1. Ann Bolton

William Gentle

  • Born: 6 Jan 1826, Barton, Cambridgeshire England
  • Marriage (1): Ann Bolton on 7 Nov 1846 in Barton, Cambridgeshire England
  • Died: 5 Nov 1890, York, Western Australia at age 64

  General Notes:

William Gentle, son of Samuel and Sarah, married Ann Bolton in November of 1846 at Barton. Ann, of John and Susan Bolton was born 1824 at Harlton, Cambridgeshire, England Two children were born in Barton to William and Ann; Rebecca 19 September 1847 and Samuel Setchell Frederick on 15 January 1850.
On 19 Mar 1851, William Gentle and William Palmer were put on trial for breaking and entering the house of Sarah Rich, widow of Harlton, and stealing from her stays and pocket, money to the value of upwards of twenty pounds.
The robbery had taken place when two masked intruders broke into the widow's home and upon their escape, tried to barricade the front door shut. Ironically it was Samuel Gentle, William's father, who turned the two in to the authorities.
Initially both were sentenced to death for a capital crime but the sentences were reduced to transportation for life. William protested his innocence but to no avail.
Both William Gentle and William Palmer were placed aboard the "Ascendent" bound for Bermuda and upon arrival at Ireland Island they were placed aboard the convict hulk, "Corromandel". The Corromandel was originally called the Mallabar IV. She was used to transport convicts to New South Wales, Australia prior to being sent to Bermuda for use as a convict hulk. Of interest is an area of New South Wales, Australia is named for this convict transport, Mallabar.
Life in Bermuda was rough. They (Gentle and Palmer) were battened down below in the tropical heat with men who had been originally sentenced to death for crimes against the crown ranging from murder, arson, highway robbery, horse and cattle stealing, attacks on police barracks, etc. Rations were ill adapted to the climate, periodic outbreaks of dysentery were responsible for many deaths, and scurvy also took a heavy toll on the convicts. The worst scourge, which flayed Bermuda, was West Indian yellow fever that carried off hundreds of victims. The worst epidemic was in 1853 when 160 convicts lost their lives and a far greater number were permanently broken in health.
Attempts of escape were every day occurrences as were attempted murders, brutality, Victoria, Australiae and corruption. Punishment included the lash, the yoke and the black hole.
In April 1861, Gentle and Palmer were put aboard the "Medway" and transported back to England arriving at Chatham on 30 September 1861. William Gentle was convict 4008 and William Palmer was convict 4002.
March of 1863, William Gentle was placed aboard the "Clyde" at Chatham as convict 7113.
The Clyde left Portland, England on March 15, 1863 bound for the Swan River Colony under the command of Henry Stephens. The voyage took 75 days and the Clyde arrived in Fremantle on May 29, 1863 with 150 passengers and 320 convicts.
On 23 Jun 1863, William Gentle received his Ticket of Leave and on 15 February 1864 he was granted his Conditional Pardon at York, Western Australia
In June 1864, William Gentle was reunited with his wife and children when they arrived in Western Australia aboard the "Strathmore". The family moved to the Quellington area, firstly leasing crown land and later purchasing the land. William Gentle died on 5 November 1890 and is buried at York. Ann (Bolton) Gentle died 17 July 1897 and is also buried at York.
Quellington School House
The first school house at Quellington was built by Samuel Setchell Frederick Gentle for the education of his children, five in number at the time. It was built of mud and straw bricks with bush timber supports, a thatched roof of blackboy rushes, whitewashed walls and beaten mud floor -- identical to the original home and a few yards away from it.
After a short while the other settlers in the district asked Samuel Gentle if their children could join the Gentle School to which it was commonly referred. This was agreed to for the payment of one shilling per week, paid toward the teacher's salary.
The earliest letter in the Archives relating to Quellington School dated 17 December, 1884, is from the York District board applying for the status of Provincial School, the teacher being Mr. J F Connor. This application was granted subject to the Inspector of Schools finding Mr. Connor to be a competent teacher. Eighteen children were enrolled but on 5 November 1885, the school closed. It was reopened on 21 February 1889 and Mr. George Pearson appointed teacher, subject to being able to pass the necessary examinations set by the Board of Education in Perth.
On 23 April 1891 Mr. Hy Scott was appointed teacher but on 5 October of the same year he complained of poor attendance and suggested closing the school down at Christmas time.
On 6 January 1892 a petition was sent to Perth together with a roll book showing that attendance had improved and the District Board agreed to let the school continue.
The building of a new schoolhouse of brick and mortar was commenced on 10 September 1895 on 1 1/2 acres of land donated by Mr. Samuel S F Gentle. The contractors for the new building were Thorn, Bower and Stewart.
It appears that from this time the school ran smoothly for some years. On 24 October 1899 some fencing was done around the schoolhouse to keep out livestock. Miss Hannah Gleeson was head mistress at the time receiving a salary of 90 pounds per annum.
In 1905 the then teacher, Miss Myra K Smith applied for the addition of an extra room. This was erected for the cost of 155 pounds on 12 January 1906. New water tanks, removed from Tipperary school, were added in 1908 and the old tank used as a fowl house.
Little is known of Quellington School prevented attendance at the school to such a degree that closure was threatened. Closure did in fact occur on 22 January 1920 following a letter from the Inspector of Schools noting the lack of regular attendance of pupils.
In Parliament at the time, questions were raised concerning the situation of country schools. A representation from Mr. H Griffiths M.L.A gave the parents of Quellington district three alternatives for the education of their children:
1. Drive to York School, receiving a grant from the Education Department.
2. Parents could employ a teacher themselves and receive a 10-pound grant per child.
3. The children could join the correspondence classes that already catered for about 250 children.
The school remained open and Mr. C T Britts, a returned soldier was appointed to take charge of Quellington and Malebelling schools on a half time bases. Quellington however, was once again closed on 18 May 1920. Letters followed between the Education Board and some concerned parents who were seeking to have the school reopened.
Mr. Senior Inspector McClintock visited Quellington in early 1929 to ascertain the possibility of reopening the school. On 1 September 1930 the school reopened its doors with Miss Hazel Pollard as teachers in residence.
In 1940 the attendance fluctuated again and in 1943-44 there were only 6 children enrolled. The school was permanently closed on 27 October 1944 and the furniture stored at the York School, where the children were transported by bus.
The local school bus driver Mr. E Davey used the School building as living quarters on a rental basis until December 1952.
The family of Mr. and Mrs. Mark Gentle, son of Samuel also lived there while their new house was being built. As Mr. Mark Gentle already owned the land on which the schoolhouse stood, he applied to the Department to buy the building. His application was granted and he purchased it in 1954 for the sum of 175 pounds.
The Government Gazette dated 31 July 1959 cancelled the Reserve classification from School to Private Dwelling.[JENNIEnew1.FTW]

William Gentle, son of Samuel and Sarah, married Ann Bolton in November of 1846 at Barton. Ann, of John and Susan Bolton was born 1824 at Harlton, Cambridgeshire, England Two children were born in Barton to William and Ann; Rebecca 19 September 1847 and Samuel Setchell Frederick on 15 January 1850.
On 19 Mar 1851, William Gentle and William Palmer were put on trial for breaking and entering the house of Sarah Rich, widow of Harlton, and stealing from her stays and pocket, money to the value of upwards of twenty pounds.
The robbery had taken place when two masked intruders broke into the widow's home and upon their escape, tried to barricade the front door shut. Ironically it was Samuel Gentle, William's father, who turned the two in to the authorities.
Initially both were sentenced to death for a capital crime but the sentences were reduced to transportation for life. William protested his innocence but to no avail.
Both William Gentle and William Palmer were placed aboard the "Ascendent" bound for Bermuda and upon arrival at Ireland Island they were placed aboard the convict hulk, "Corromandel". The Corromandel was originally called the Mallabar IV. She was used to transport convicts to New South Wales, Australia prior to being sent to Bermuda for use as a convict hulk. Of interest is an area of New South Wales, Australia is named for this convict transport, Mallabar.
Life in Bermuda was rough. They (Gentle and Palmer) were battened down below in the tropical heat with men who had been originally sentenced to death for crimes against the crown ranging from murder, arson, highway robbery, horse and cattle stealing, attacks on police barracks, etc. Rations were ill adapted to the climate, periodic outbreaks of dysentery were responsible for many deaths, and scurvy also took a heavy toll on the convicts. The worst scourge, which flayed Bermuda, was West Indian yellow fever that carried off hundreds of victims. The worst epidemic was in 1853 when 160 convicts lost their lives and a far greater number were permanently broken in health.
Attempts of escape were every day occurrences as were attempted murders, brutality, Victoria, Australiae and corruption. Punishment included the lash, the yoke and the black hole.
In April 1861, Gentle and Palmer were put aboard the "Medway" and transported back to England arriving at Chatham on 30 September 1861. William Gentle was convict 4008 and William Palmer was convict 4002.
March of 1863, William Gentle was placed aboard the "Clyde" at Chatham as convict 7113.
The Clyde left Portland, England on March 15, 1863 bound for the Swan River Colony under the command of Henry Stephens. The voyage took 75 days and the Clyde arrived in Fremantle on May 29, 1863 with 150 passengers and 320 convicts.
On 23 Jun 1863, William Gentle received his Ticket of Leave and on 15 February 1864 he was granted his Conditional Pardon at York, Western Australia
In June 1864, William Gentle was reunited with his wife and children when they arrived in Western Australia aboard the "Strathmore". The family moved to the Quellington area, firstly leasing crown land and later purchasing the land. William Gentle died on 5 November 1890 and is buried at York. Ann (Bolton) Gentle died 17 July 1897 and is also buried at York.
Quellington School House
The first school house at Quellington was built by Samuel Setchell Frederick Gentle for the education of his children, five in number at the time. It was built of mud and straw bricks with bush timber supports, a thatched roof of blackboy rushes, whitewashed walls and beaten mud floor -- identical to the original home and a few yards away from it.
After a short while the other settlers in the district asked Samuel Gentle if their children could join the Gentle School to which it was commonly referred. This was agreed to for the payment of one shilling per week, paid toward the teacher's salary.
The earliest letter in the Archives relating to Quellington School dated 17 December, 1884, is from the York District board applying for the status of Provincial School, the teacher being Mr. J F Connor. This application was granted subject to the Inspector of Schools finding Mr. Connor to be a competent teacher. Eighteen children were enrolled but on 5 November 1885, the school closed. It was reopened on 21 February 1889 and Mr. George Pearson appointed teacher, subject to being able to pass the necessary examinations set by the Board of Education in Perth.
On 23 April 1891 Mr. Hy Scott was appointed teacher but on 5 October of the same year he complained of poor attendance and suggested closing the school down at Christmas time.
On 6 January 1892 a petition was sent to Perth together with a roll book showing that attendance had improved and the District Board agreed to let the school continue.
The building of a new schoolhouse of brick and mortar was commenced on 10 September 1895 on 1 1/2 acres of land donated by Mr. Samuel S F Gentle. The contractors for the new building were Thorn, Bower and Stewart.
It appears that from this time the school ran smoothly for some years. On 24 October 1899 some fencing was done around the schoolhouse to keep out livestock. Miss Hannah Gleeson was head mistress at the time receiving a salary of 90 pounds per annum.
In 1905 the then teacher, Miss Myra K Smith applied for the addition of an extra room. This was erected for the cost of 155 pounds on 12 January 1906. New water tanks, removed from Tipperary school, were added in 1908 and the old tank used as a fowl house.
Little is known of Quellington School prevented attendance at the school to such a degree that closure was threatened. Closure did in fact occur on 22 January 1920 following a letter from the Inspector of Schools noting the lack of regular attendance of pupils.
In Parliament at the time, questions were raised concerning the situation of country schools. A representation from Mr. H Griffiths M.L.A gave the parents of Quellington district three alternatives for the education of their children:
1. Drive to York School, receiving a grant from the Education Department.
2. Parents could employ a teacher themselves and receive a 10-pound grant per child.
3. The children could join the correspondence classes that already catered for about 250 children.
The school remained open and Mr. C T Britts, a returned soldier was appointed to take charge of Quellington and Malebelling schools on a half time bases. Quellington however, was once again closed on 18 May 1920. Letters followed between the Education Board and some concerned parents who were seeking to have the school reopened.
Mr. Senior Inspector McClintock visited Quellington in early 1929 to ascertain the possibility of reopening the school. On 1 September 1930 the school reopened its doors with Miss Hazel Pollard as teachers in residence.
In 1940 the attendance fluctuated again and in 1943-44 there were only 6 children enrolled. The school was permanently closed on 27 October 1944 and the furniture stored at the York School, where the children were transported by bus.
The local school bus driver Mr. E Davey used the School building as living quarters on a rental basis until December 1952.
The family of Mr. and Mrs. Mark Gentle, son of Samuel also lived there while their new house was being built. As Mr. Mark Gentle already owned the land on which the schoolhouse stood, he applied to the Department to buy the building. His application was granted and he purchased it in 1954 for the sum of 175 pounds.
The Government Gazette dated 31 July 1959 cancelled the Reserve classification from School to Private Dwelling.[Phoenix family tree.ged]

William Gentle, son of Samuel and Sarah, married Ann Bolton in November of 1846 at Barton. Ann, of John and Susan Bolton was born 1824 at Harlton, Cambridgeshire, England Two children were born in Barton to William and Ann; Rebecca 19 September 1847 and Samuel Setchell Frederick on 15 January 1850.
On 19 Mar 1851, William Gentle and William Palmer were put on trial for breaking and entering the house of Sarah Rich, widow of Harlton, and stealing from her stays and pocket, money to the value of upwards of twenty pounds.
The robbery had taken place when two masked intruders broke into the widow's home and upon their escape, tried to barricade the front door shut. Ironically it was Samuel Gentle, William's father, who turned the two in to the authorities.
Initially both were sentenced to death for a capital crime but the sentences were reduced to transportation for life. William protested his innocence but to no avail.
Both William Gentle and William Palmer were placed aboard the "Ascendent" bound for Bermuda and upon arrival at Ireland Island they were placed aboard the convict hulk, "Corromandel". The Corromandel was originally called the Mallabar IV. She was usedto transport convicts to New South Wales, Australia prior to being sent to Bermuda for use as a convict hulk. Of interest is an area of New South Wales, Australia is named for this convict transport, Mallabar.
Life in Bermuda was rough. They (Gentle and Palmer) were battened down below in the tropical heat with men who had been originally sentenced to death for crimes against the crown ranging from murder, arson, highway robbery, horse and cattle stealing, attacks on police barracks, etc. Rations were ill adapted to the climate, periodic outbreaks of dysentery were responsible for many deaths, and scurvy also took a heavy toll on the convicts. The worst scourge, which flayed Bermuda, was West Indian yellow fever that carried off hundreds of victims. The worst epidemic was in 1853 when 160 convicts lost their lives and a far greater number were permanently broken in health.
Attempts of escape were every day occurrences as were attempted murders, brutality, Victoria, Australiae and corruption. Punishment included the lash, the yoke and the black hole.
In April 1861, Gentle and Palmer were put aboard the "Medway" and transported back to England arriving at Chatham on 30 September 1861. William Gentle was convict 4008 and William Palmer was convict 4002.
March of 1863, William Gentle was placed aboard the "Clyde" at Chatham as convict 7113.
The Clyde left Portland, England on March 15, 1863 bound for the Swan River Colony under the command of Henry Stephens. The voyage took 75 days and the Clyde arrived in Fremantle on May 29, 1863 with 150 passengers and 320 convicts.
On 23 Jun 1863, William Gentle received his Ticket of Leave and on 15 February 1864 he was granted his Conditional Pardon at York, Western Australia
In June 1864, William Gentle was reunited with his wife and children when they arrived in Western Australia aboard the "Strathmore". The family moved to the Quellington area, firstly leasing crown land and later purchasing the land. William Gentle died on 5 November 1890 and is buried at York. Ann (Bolton) Gentle died 17 July 1897 and is also buried at York.
Quellington School House
The first school house at Quellington was built by Samuel Setchell Frederick Gentle for the education of his children, five in number at the time. It was built of mud and straw bricks with bush timber supports, a thatched roof of blackboy rushes, whitewashed walls and beaten mud floor -- identical to the original home and a few yards away from it.
After a short while the other settlers in the district asked Samuel Gentle if their children could join the Gentle School to which it was commonly referred. This was agreed to for the payment of one shilling per week, paid toward the teacher's salary.
The earliest letter in the Archives relating to Quellington School dated 17 December, 1884, is from the York District board applying for the status of Provincial School, the teacher being Mr. J F Connor. This application was granted subject to the Inspector of Schools finding Mr. Connor to be a competent teacher. Eighteen children were enrolled but on 5 November 1885, the school closed. It was reopened on 21 February 1889 and Mr. George Pearson appointed teacher, subject to being able to pass the necessary examinations set by the Board of Education in Perth.
On 23 April 1891 Mr. Hy Scott was appointed teacher but on 5 October of the same year he complained of poor attendance and suggested closing the school down at Christmas time.
On 6 January 1892 a petition was sent to Perth together with a roll book showing that attendance had improved and the District Board agreed to let the school continue.
The building of a new schoolhouse of brick and mortar was commenced on 10 September 1895 on 1 1/2 acres of land donated by Mr. Samuel S F Gentle. The contractors for the new building were Thorn, Bower and Stewart.
It appears that from this time the school ran smoothly for some years. On 24 October 1899 some fencing was done around the schoolhouse to keep out livestock. Miss Hannah Gleeson was head mistress at the time receiving a salary of 90 pounds per annum.
In 1905 the then teacher, Miss Myra K Smith applied for the addition of an extra room. This was erected for the cost of 155 pounds on 12 January 1906. New water tanks, removed from Tipperary school, were added in 1908 and the old tank used as a fowl house.
Little is known of Quellington School prevented attendance at the school to such a degree that closure was threatened. Closure did in fact occur on 22 January 1920 following a letter from the Inspector of Schools noting the lack of regular attendance ofpupils.
In Parliament at the time, questions were raised concerning the situation of country schools. A representation from Mr. H Griffiths M.L.A gave the parents of Quellington district three alternatives for the education of their children:
1. Drive to York School, receiving a grant from the Education Department.
2. Parents could employ a teacher themselves and receive a 10-pound grant per child.
3. The children could join the correspondence classes that already catered for about 250 children.
The school remained open and Mr. C T Britts, a returned soldier was appointed to take charge of Quellington and Malebelling schools on a half time bases. Quellington however, was once again closed on 18 May 1920. Letters followed between the Education Board and some concerned parents who were seeking to have the school reopened.
Mr. Senior Inspector McClintock visited Quellington in early 1929 to ascertain the possibility of reopening the school. On 1 September 1930 the school reopened its doors with Miss Hazel Pollard as teachers in residence.
In 1940 the attendance fluctuated again and in 1943-44 there were only 6 children enrolled. The school was permanently closed on 27 October 1944 and the furniture stored at the York School, where the children were transported by bus.
The local school bus driver Mr. E Davey used the School building as living quarters on a rental basis until December 1952.
The family of Mr. and Mrs. Mark Gentle, son of Samuel also lived there while their new house was being built. As Mr. Mark Gentle already owned the land on which the schoolhouse stood, he applied to the Department to buy the building. His application was granted and he purchased it in 1954 for the sum of 175 pounds.
The Government Gazette dated 31 July 1959 cancelled the Reserve classification from School to Private Dwelling.[JENNIEnew1.FTW]

William Gentle, son of Samuel and Sarah, married Ann Bolton in November of 1846 at Barton. Ann, of John and Susan Bolton was born 1824 at Harlton, Cambridgeshire, England Two children were born in Barton to William and Ann; Rebecca 19 September 1847 and Samuel Setchell Frederick on 15 January 1850.
On 19 Mar 1851, William Gentle and William Palmer were put on trial for breaking and entering the house of Sarah Rich, widow of Harlton, and stealing from her stays and pocket, money to the value of upwards of twenty pounds.
The robbery had taken place when two masked intruders broke into the widow's home and upon their escape, tried to barricade the front door shut. Ironically it was Samuel Gentle, William's father, who turned the two in to the authorities.
Initially both were sentenced to death for a capital crime but the sentences were reduced to transportation for life. William protested his innocence but to no avail.
Both William Gentle and William Palmer were placed aboard the "Ascendent" bound for Bermuda and upon arrival at Ireland Island they were placed aboard the convict hulk, "Corromandel". The Corromandel was originally called the Mallabar IV. She was usedto transport convicts to New South Wales, Australia prior to being sent to Bermuda for use as a convict hulk. Of interest is an area of New South Wales, Australia is named for this convict transport, Mallabar.
Life in Bermuda was rough. They (Gentle and Palmer) were battened down below in the tropical heat with men who had been originally sentenced to death for crimes against the crown ranging from murder, arson, highway robbery, horse and cattle stealing, attacks on police barracks, etc. Rations were ill adapted to the climate, periodic outbreaks of dysentery were responsible for many deaths, and scurvy also took a heavy toll on the convicts. The worst scourge, which flayed Bermuda, was West Indian yellow fever that carried off hundreds of victims. The worst epidemic was in 1853 when 160 convicts lost their lives and a far greater number were permanently broken in health.
Attempts of escape were every day occurrences as were attempted murders, brutality, Victoria, Australiae and corruption. Punishment included the lash, the yoke and the black hole.
In April 1861, Gentle and Palmer were put aboard the "Medway" and transported back to England arriving at Chatham on 30 September 1861. William Gentle was convict 4008 and William Palmer was convict 4002.
March of 1863, William Gentle was placed aboard the "Clyde" at Chatham as convict 7113.
The Clyde left Portland, England on March 15, 1863 bound for the Swan River Colony under the command of Henry Stephens. The voyage took 75 days and the Clyde arrived in Fremantle on May 29, 1863 with 150 passengers and 320 convicts.
On 23 Jun 1863, William Gentle received his Ticket of Leave and on 15 February 1864 he was granted his Conditional Pardon at York, Western Australia
In June 1864, William Gentle was reunited with his wife and children when they arrived in Western Australia aboard the "Strathmore". The family moved to the Quellington area, firstly leasing crown land and later purchasing the land. William Gentle died on 5 November 1890 and is buried at York. Ann (Bolton) Gentle died 17 July 1897 and is also buried at York.
Quellington School House
The first school house at Quellington was built by Samuel Setchell Frederick Gentle for the education of his children, five in number at the time. It was built of mud and straw bricks with bush timber supports, a thatched roof of blackboy rushes, whitewashed walls and beaten mud floor -- identical to the original home and a few yards away from it.
After a short while the other settlers in the district asked Samuel Gentle if their children could join the Gentle School to which it was commonly referred. This was agreed to for the payment of one shilling per week, paid toward the teacher's salary.
The earliest letter in the Archives relating to Quellington School dated 17 December, 1884, is from the York District board applying for the status of Provincial School, the teacher being Mr. J F Connor. This application was granted subject to the Inspector of Schools finding Mr. Connor to be a competent teacher. Eighteen children were enrolled but on 5 November 1885, the school closed. It was reopened on 21 February 1889 and Mr. George Pearson appointed teacher, subject to being able to pass the necessary examinations set by the Board of Education in Perth.
On 23 April 1891 Mr. Hy Scott was appointed teacher but on 5 October of the same year he complained of poor attendance and suggested closing the school down at Christmas time.
On 6 January 1892 a petition was sent to Perth together with a roll book showing that attendance had improved and the District Board agreed to let the school continue.
The building of a new schoolhouse of brick and mortar was commenced on 10 September 1895 on 1 1/2 acres of land donated by Mr. Samuel S F Gentle. The contractors for the new building were Thorn, Bower and Stewart.
It appears that from this time the school ran smoothly for some years. On 24 October 1899 some fencing was done around the schoolhouse to keep out livestock. Miss Hannah Gleeson was head mistress at the time receiving a salary of 90 pounds per annum.
In 1905 the then teacher, Miss Myra K Smith applied for the addition of an extra room. This was erected for the cost of 155 pounds on 12 January 1906. New water tanks, removed from Tipperary school, were added in 1908 and the old tank used as a fowl house.
Little is known of Quellington School prevented attendance at the school to such a degree that closure was threatened. Closure did in fact occur on 22 January 1920 following a letter from the Inspector of Schools noting the lack of regular attendance ofpupils.
In Parliament at the time, questions were raised concerning the situation of country schools. A representation from Mr. H Griffiths M.L.A gave the parents of Quellington district three alternatives for the education of their children:
1. Drive to York School, receiving a grant from the Education Department.
2. Parents could employ a teacher themselves and receive a 10-pound grant per child.
3. The children could join the correspondence classes that already catered for about 250 children.
The school remained open and Mr. C T Britts, a returned soldier was appointed to take charge of Quellington and Malebelling schools on a half time bases. Quellington however, was once again closed on 18 May 1920. Letters followed between the Education Board and some concerned parents who were seeking to have the school reopened.
Mr. Senior Inspector McClintock visited Quellington in early 1929 to asce[goss1.FTW]

William Gentle, son of Samuel and Sarah, married

  Noted events in his life were:

Occupation: labourer, farmer.

Baptism: Barton, Cambridgeshire, England, 5 Feb 1826.

Convict Arrived: Clyde - Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia, 29 May 1863.


William married Ann Bolton on 7 Nov 1846 in Barton, Cambridgeshire England. (Ann Bolton was born in 1824 in Charlton, London, Kent England and died on 17 Jul 1897 in York, Western Australia.)


Clicky




Home | Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List

This website was created 21 Mar 2022 with Legacy 9.0, a division of MyHeritage.com; content copyrighted and maintained by robynbray@ozemail.com.au