- Born: 1740, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire Scotland
- Marriage (1): Margrat Howie on 10 Nov 1759 in Deskford, Banffshire Scotland
Another name for James was James Nickels.
Noted events in his life were:
• source. "Bakers, Bishops and Bushrangers" by Robert J Williams who got his research from Francis J Winchester a great grandson of George Nicol
• information. Peter Young @ genes wrote:
I have noted from your tree that the Nicol family go back to 1622 but hailed from England. This makes sense as apparently the Scottish records were destroyed after Culloden battle (1746) but also of interest is that James Nicol 1719 must have moved to Scotland around the time of the battle or just after as his first child was born at Banff.
• connection. Sheila Jensen is linked to me in this way:
Sheila Jensen . . .
Is the Granddaughter of . . .
John Nicol (1879) - who is my 3rd cousin twice removed & Margaret Inglis (1878)
His father was Alexander Nicol (1834)
His father was James Nicol (1800)
His father was John Nicol (1764)
His father was James Nicol (1719) & he also had Walter Nicol (1771)
He had George Nicol (1810)
He had John Nicol (1844)
He had Helen Nicol (1889) who married G. A. Davies (1894)
He had Colin Davies (1925)
He had me Robyn Bray (nee Davies) (1950)
James married Margrat Howie, daughter of Thomas Horvie and Marrian Dunlop, on 10 Nov 1759 in Deskford, Banffshire Scotland. (Margrat Howie was born on 20 Apr 1740 in Old Machar, Aberdeen, Angus Scotland and was christened on 27 Apr 1740 in Kilwinning, Ayrshire, Scotland UK.)